A6 Pressure Relief Valve
A6 Pressure Relief Valve
- Very smooth low profile
- Rugged and reliable
- Materials used have high UV resistance
- Protects from over inflation and excess pressure build-up due to solar heat
- 100% tested for opening and closing pressures
- High flow for size
- Approved to ISO 9650 and ISO 15738 as a transfer valve
- Rapid installation with clamp fitting – no welding or adhesive required
- –30ºC to +65 ºC operating temperature
- Easy removal if necessary, for cleaning
The A6 Pressure Relief Valve has become a firm favourite with many manufacturers of leisure liferafts, RIBs and river rafts around the world. It is ideal for any use where compact and reliable valves are critical, for example, on commercial & military inflatable boats. The opening and closing pressures are accurately pre-set and repeatable.
A filter cap is available for use in environments where contamination is possible e.g. river rafts. This prevents contamination without affecting the pressure relief function.
A range of pressure settings is available (see selection chart). The valves are marked with the date and pressure setting.
The valve is available in grey, black or white. We can provide a black or red plug where a secondary seal is required, for example in liferaft applications. Please note that when the plug is in place, the valve does NOT function as a pressure relief valve.
It is also available as a non-return valve only with a nominal opening pressure of 0.29psi (0.02bar).
The above documents are in PDF format.
Accessories and Service Tools
D7/C7/A6/A9 Tool Kit Spanner – C166051
- Small, low cost spanner for use in the field or as part of a spares kit
- For use on D7, C7 valves and A6, A9 Pressure Relief Valves
- Cannot be used with a torque wrench
A6 Filter Cap
- For use in environments where contamination is possible e.g. river rafts.
- Ultrafine mesh prevents contamination without affecting the pressure relief function.
- Ideal to ensure that the valve continues to seal effectively in sandy or muddy environments
- Easily removed for cleaning
A6 Valve Plug
- Provides an effective secondary seal on the valve. This is required for some life raft approvals. This cap can also be used to prevent air loss through the pressure relief valve when an inflatable chamber is experiencing heavy impacts in rough seas, causing pressure spikes.
- Available in Black or Red.
- Highly resistant to Ozone, oil and other contaminants.
- Please note that when the plug is in place, the valve does NOT function as a pressure relief valve.
A6 Factory Fitting Tools – TMC1040
- Used together with a torque spanner. This will ensure that the correct tightening torque is applied every time when installing the valve.
- Avoids damaging the valve during tightening.
- Please refer to Installation Sheet – 15439